Huge information from the massive identify gamers this month as we take a deep dive into Renault’s redefined company blueprint. The automaker is implementing a brand new construction and separating its as soon as built-in operations into distinct companies. It’s additionally adjusting its relationship with Nissan, a relationship that has traditionally confirmed such a scorching potato that it landed Carlos Ghosn in Japanese jail and prompted documentary movies by Netflix and Storyville.
Barely much less dramatic is Ford’s restructuring in Europe, the place 3,800 engineering and administration jobs will likely be lower. The corporate is relocating many engineering duties again dwelling to the US the place its EV growth will likely be based mostly. GM, however, seems to be making ready for a European return with a variety of EVs.
In different information, Tesla is once more combating towards the time period ‘recall’ as it’s compelled to regulate its Full Self-Driving system with an OTA replace. After quite a few stories and warnings on the inappropriateness of the identify and the promised functionality, the automaker is lastly conceding that the system can “act unsafely” in sure conditions. This might function a warning for different AV hopefuls to decelerate their launch plans and watch their advertising guarantees.
On this difficulty:
- Renault’s restructuring–the place is it heading?
- Ford—the final free-standing American in Europe?
- What may Tesla’s “recall” imply for the AV business?
- Xpeng hails ‘breakthrough’ in European EV push
- AV confidence rising regardless of language barrier
- Does GM stand an opportunity in Europe’s rising EV market?
- Can VW overtake Tesla within the EV race?
- No app, no card: is that this the way forward for EV charging?
- E-commerce increase spurs India’s electrical three-wheeler market
- What can we count on from the auto business in 2023?
- Hyundai and IonQ use quantum computing to propel EVs and AVs
- Munro plugs electrification hole for rugged off-road utes
- Vary anxiousness: life like concern or fashionable fantasy?
- Might world AV adoption trigger an information centre CO2 disaster?
- Nvidia’s Omniverse is accelerating AV simulation checks