The herd of racers nonetheless aiming to finish Sick Week 2023 continued to skinny because the present moved out of Florida and to South Georgia Motorsports Park (SGMP). The house to a few of the rowdiest racing you’ll discover within the jap half of the nation, SGMP’s full concrete quarter-mile strip was ripe for automobiles to put down stable occasions, and by the tip of the primary pair of automobiles, there was little doubt whether or not the observe would maintain big-tire, big-power automobiles as Alex Taylor collected one more 6.9-second time slip and Jason Sack’s turbo 427-powered Nova clicked off a 7.08-second 196 MPH blast. Pandora’s field was open, and everyone knew that that they had the inexperienced gentle to place the killer tune in.
The “Cowboy Up” Nova owned and ran by Jason Sack is a crowd favourite. After a few mid-7 second passes, the [email protected] MPH go provides hope that the X-body can probably see a six-second go earlier than Sick Week is over!Cole Reynolds
The 2 Swedish groups continued to wage battle. Stefan Gustafsson’s C4 Corvette, with its passenger door patched up after it packed up and left mid-run at Bradenton, set the tone with a 6.99-second go, however Michael Westberg’s S-10 returned hearth with a 6.48-second 218 MPH blast. Gustafsson made a pair extra swipes on the tree for a pair of 6.55-second passes earlier than packing up for the drive again to Florida. PFI Velocity’s Brent Levistad would take his all-wheel-drive Civic hatchback to a [email protected] dash, which was positive to extend the dimensions of the smile on his face. Issues appeared brilliant for everybody, proper up till Timothy Blythe’s 1964 Triumph Spitfire lined up subsequent to Andrew Nelson’s 1959 Volvo PV544.
Each of the Sick Week Freaks-class automobiles actually had the whole lot going for them. Blythe’s Spitfire, which has competed earlier than, would possibly look sketchier than fuel station sushi on the finish of the evening, however the automobile was lately retrofitted with an NHRA-legal tube chassis and cage. Nelson’s Volvo is a turbocharged Atlas 4.2L six-cylinder powered affair that had been dancing on the 9-second line up to now. However Nelson’s week would finish in frighteningly violent style. Proper concerning the second the Volvo crossed the stripe on a 9.128-second 149.25 MPH tear, the tell-tale fog financial institution that indicators “engine has left the chat” erupted.
A few seconds later, that fog financial institution shifted violently to the proper earlier than the Volvo pole-vaulted over the observe wall in an end-over-end flip with the again finish of the automobile on hearth. In a Fb submit, Andrew’s son Calvin posted that whereas there have been some accidents and Andrew was banged up a bit, the security tools did its job and that they are going to be again.
With racers dropping left and proper, what number of will have the ability to make the journey to Gainesville Raceway?
Day Three Class Leaders:
- Limitless: Michael Westberg, 1991 Chevrolet S-10, [email protected]
- Limitless Iron: Alex Taylor, 1955 Chevrolet 210, [email protected]
- Modified: Brett LaSala, 2012 Ford Mustang, [email protected]
- Professional Avenue: Clark Rosenstengel, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, [email protected]
- Tremendous Avenue: Eric Yost, 1968 Chevrolet Camaro, [email protected]
- Stick Shift: Richard Guido, 1965 Pontiac GTO, [email protected]
- Naturally Aspirated: James “Doc” McEntire, 1968 Chevrolet Camaro, [email protected]
- Rowdy Radials (1/eighth Mile): Jordan Tuck, 1993 Ford Mustang, [email protected]
- Sick Week Freaks: Ben Neal, 1987 Toyota Cresta, [email protected]
- Sizzling Rods vs. Beetles: Larry West, 1941 Willys, [email protected]
- Avenue Race 275: Jordan Bourdreaux, 2002 Ford Mustang, [email protected]
- Sick Avenue Race: Dustin Trance, 2005 Ford Mustang, [email protected]
- Professional DYO: Nick Wiegand, 1976 Pontiac Trans Am, [email protected]
- DYO: Jon Moore, 2011 Ford Crown Victoria, [email protected]
- Problem: Robert Sharp, 2019 Dodge Charger [email protected]
Sick Week 2023 Full Gallery: Day Three
Sick Week 2023 Full Gallery: Day Three