The ultimate day of Sick Week 2023 noticed many battles for place come all the way down to the ultimate laps in Orlando. After a whole lot of miles and almost 100 racers out of the fray, it was time for racers to place the wild tunes in and shoot for the moon. Displaying restraint was not an possibility. And there have been means too many battles that wanted to be settled earlier than the day was performed and awards handed out.
With Tom Bailey having bowed out after Bradenton, Limitless was a contest between Michael Westberg and Stefan Gustafsson. Each Swedes had been battling one another to inside tenths of one another’s time slips. However it was the Corvette’s nasty wheel-hopping tendencies that allowed Westberg’s 6.435- second cross at 216 MPH to close the door for good. Westberg’s 6.46 common trumped Gustafson’s second-place 6.59 common. However the victory was a contact bittersweet, because the S-10 had turned it’s final lap in anger. The rolling chassis had already been bought and the powertrain is transferring on to Westberg’s subsequent mission.
In Limitless Iron, Alex Taylor persevered all through all of her doubts to clip 4 six-second laps. Day 5 wouldn’t see a full week with a six-second cross per monitor, however the 7.08 cross was shut sufficient to be good. Tina Pierce would take second along with her 1966 Nova, whereas Robert Bartram’s Mercury Cougar would acquire third place.
Tina Pierce took dwelling the #2 spot behind Alex Taylor Within the Limitless Iron class. Sick Week 2023 marked her third occasion with the Chevy II.Cole Reynolds
Brett LaSala’s “Snot Rocket 2.0” Mustang was a dominant power in Modified, additionally staying within the six-second common vary. Professional Road noticed Clark Rosenstengel wound up the sufferer of an upset when his driveline compelled him right into a 12.52-second last cross, which allowed Clint Sodowsky to earn the title with a 7.69 common. Tremendous Road’s battle between Eric Yost, Bradley Arnold, and Andrew Dopita boiled all the way down to a distance of eight hundredths between first-place Yost and third-place Dopita.
Stick Shift was Richard Guido’s class to lose, and his 8.84 common clenched it whereas Zackary Wicks took the Quickest Non-V8 Stick award together with his 1997 Jeep TJ. “Doc” McEntire and his “See Pink” Camaro sewed up Naturally Aspirated with seven-second laps day-after-day. Rowdy Radial noticed Jordan Tuck use Devin Vanderhoof’s Mustang because it was supposed, averaging a 4.64 common within the 1/eighth mile. In Road Freaks, Tony Niemczyk’s 1995 Eclipse claimed a second title and Quickest 4-Cylinder. Ben “Mechanical Stig” Neal took Quickest Six-Cylinder together with his Barra-motivated 1987 Toyota Cresta, whereas Jessie Harris claimed Quickest Diesel together with his Chevrolet C10.
Larry West’s 1941 Willys gained the crown in Sizzling Rod vs. Gassers vs. Beetles, with James Holth claiming the Beetle title together with his Karmann Ghia and Robert Leavens taking the Gasser win together with his 1965 Chevy II. Road Race 275 noticed William Lujan and Jordan Boudreau separated by one-thousandth of a second earlier than day 5 and on the finish as properly, with Lujan the victor. Sick Road Race was simply as tight, with Aaron Shaffer simply barely clenching the win over Dustin Trance.
Michael Westberg secured the general and Limitless class win at Sick Week 2023. The S-10 has been bought as a rolling chassis, however the engine combo will come out and go into a brand new automotive he’s at the moment constructing.Cole Reynolds
Sick Week 2023 Winners:
- Limitless: Michael Westberg, 1991 Chevrolet S-10, [email protected]
- Limitless Iron: Alex Taylor, 1955 Chevrolet 210, [email protected]
- Modified: Brett LaSala, 2012 Ford Mustang, [email protected]
- Professional Road: Clark Rosenstengal, 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, [email protected]
- Tremendous Road: Eric Yost, 1968 Chevrolet Camaro, [email protected]
- Stick Shift: Richard Guido, 1965 Pontiac GTO, [email protected]
- Naturally Aspirated: James “Doc” McEntire, 1968 Chevrolet Camaro, [email protected]
- Rowdy Radials (1/eighth Mile): Jordan Tuck, 1993 Ford Mustang, [email protected]
- Sick Week Freaks: Tony Niemczyk, 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse, [email protected]
- Sizzling Rods vs. Gassers vs. Beetles: Larry West, 1941 Willys, [email protected]
- Road Race 275: William Lujan, 1990 Ford Mustang, [email protected]
- Sick Road Race: Aaron Shaffer, 1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS, [email protected]
- Professional DYO: Nicholas Destine, 1983 Ford LTD. Quickest ET: 9.262 Slowest ET: 9.296 Unfold: 0.034
- DYO: Wilfredo Blanco, 2016 Ford Mustang GT. Quickest ET: 10.540 Slowest ET 10.586 Unfold: 0.046
Sick Week 2023 Full Gallery: Day 5